Real nappies are nappies that can be washed and used again and again. Many parents are switching to real nappies because they believe that they are the best choice.
Here are some of the reasons why it’s worth switching:
- As the family grows, so do the savings: the nappies you used for your first child can be used for your next baby..
- Home washing costs can be as little as £2.00 per week including the price of detergents and energy
- During the typical time a baby wears nappies, parents could spend around £1200 to buy disposables. As an alternative, you may only need 12 – 24 reusable ones, depending on the type you choose.
- Far fewer raw materials are used in the manufacture of one year’s supply of reusable nappies than a year’s supply of disposables
- A reusable nappy can be used hundreds of times whereas a disposable is only used once and then thrown away
- Disposables can make up half the rubbish produced by a one-baby family and are a huge problem for local councils as they cost an average of £78 per child in disposal costs alone, with additional cost incurred through collecting and transporting this waste.
If you would like to reduce your costs and help the environment please download form below