The bulky collection service allows the collection of household items from domestic premises that cannot be collected otherwise through the wheeled bin collection services due to the size and bulk of the items.
We can’t collect everything that is too large for a wheelie bin, the items we will take are things that would normally be taken during a house move, so doesn’t include any fixtures and fittings.
The service is covered by the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the Controlled Waste Regulation 2012 which allows the council to make a charge.
For a nominal charge we will collect:
- White goods- fridges, freezers, washing machines, cookers etc.
- Furniture- tables, chairs, settees, wardrobes,beds, chests of drawers etc
- Three piece suites (this is 3 items)
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Vacuum cleaners
- Rugs ( rolled up and securely taped)
- Carpet or lino ( rolled and securely taped, NOT folded.) each roll is classed as one item
- Garden furniture
We will not collect:
- Builders’ materials such as bricks, blocks, rubble
- Garden waste
- Items left from household refurbishment such as kitchen cabinets, bathroom suites and window frames/doors
- Garden sheds
- Wooden fence panels
- Bags of domestic waste
- Fire hearths and grates
- Gas bottles
Certain items will be counted as more than one item. For example a bed if there is a headboard, base and mattress or a three piece suite, both of these would be 3 items. There is also a maximum of 3 sofas in any one collection.
We make a list of the items you want us to dispose of at the time of booking. If you need to make any changes you will need to contact us on 01922 653344 no later than 12 noon on the day before your collection. We will not collect items that are not on the list because they may not have been put out for collection by you.
There is no price increase in 2017 for bulky collections. The prices are as follows;
- 1-3 items £15.00
- 4-6 items £30.00
- 7-9 items £45.00
You can book and pay for a bulky collection by telephoning on 01922 653344.
Alternatively, cheques may be sent by post to: Clean and Green Services, Environment Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills, Walsall, WS8 7EN. Cheques to be made payable to ‘Walsall Council’.
When do we collect?
We now operate a 7 days a week collection service . Please ask if you would prefer a particular collection day and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Points to note:
- All items need to be ready for collection by 7am on the agreed day. If your items are not ready when we arrive you will need to re-book your collection.
- Let us know if you need to put your items on the footpath because you don’t have a front garden or driveway. We’ll try and collect early on the day to minimise obstruction to others
- Please cover items that could become waterlogged as they may be too heavy to lift when wet.
- Please ensure that the items to be collected are intact and whole and are easily accessible. Your items should be left at the closest point on your property next to the public highway.
- We cannot enter your property to collect items.
If you prefer….
…You can take your bulky items to the Household Waste Recycling Centres at Fryers Road, Leamore or Merchants Way, Aldridge free of charge or if you have serviceable good quality items you no longer require you could use the Freecycle® Network. For more information please visit their website uk.freecycle.org/